This is a really interesting project. It includes all of the following:
- Design and construction of a 336 sqft solar collector -- including some new wrinkles on fin fabrication and installation.
- Building the 410 gallon heat storage tank that doubles as a workbench.
- Details on the solar domestic water heating system that utilizes a heat exchanger made from about 200 ft of 3/4 inch rigid copper pipe.
- Details on implementing the radiant floor heating system that pumps hot water directly from the storage tank and requires no heat exchanger.
- Details on adding heat input to the tank from a nearby wood boiler in a very simple way.
- There is even a way to make use of solar heat on seasonal refills of a hot tub.
Wood boiler heat source as alternative to solar.
Full details on Tom's space and water heating system...
Many other solar space heating projects...
Tom's other projects on Build-It-Solar....
Thanks again to Tom for taking the time to document this project!