- Closed loop rather than drain back for freeze protection
- Glazed with dual wall polycarbonate glazing.
- A unique collector frame that uses EPDM rubber roofing for weather protection.
- Using a custom made PVC tank liner instead of the usual folded EPDM liner.
- Lots of detail on roof mounting the collector, including the site made collector hoist shown just below.
- A unique design approach to handing differential expansion issues in the absorber design.
|Bill's system with the first collector in place|
|The collector loop and domestic hot water heat exchangers in the storage tank.|
|Custom PVC tank liner|
I also like the special hoist that Bill made to get the collector up on the roof:
|Custom made hoist to lift collector to roof.|
Go here for all the details on Bill's system....
Go here for the details on a hundred or so other solar water heating systems...