Low thermal mass sunspaces are very efficient in making a lot of heat that can then be exported to heat the home that the sunspace is attached to. When designed correctly, they can be just as efficient as high quality active solar collectors for home heating, but in addition to providing space heating, they provide a whole raft of other uses -- including:
- Space to lounge in the sun (even when it 10F outside).
- Space to read the paper and have a cup of coffee in the sun.
- Space for the kids to play.
- Four season space to dry clothes -- a major energy and carbon saving in itself.
- Space to dry and store firewood, or have a workshop, or may other uses.
The main index for the new Low Thermal Mass Sunspace section ....